Become a part of the largest family-owned agency in St. Louis. POWERS Insurance and Risk Management is a rapidly growing insurance agency that is focused on challenging the status quo and providing an exceptional experience for our clients.
Requires a well-rounded Personal Lines Executive with a desire for growth in sales through relationships. Individual must be detail oriented, accurate, organized and efficient. Demonstrate a proactive and systematic approach to information gathering, analysis, and problem solving.
1. Provides support as lead back-up for VIAA and Powers personal lines
2. Review scheduled meetings with insurance carrier marketing representatives, underwriters, wholesalers, and company officials to review product offerings, to discuss individual new business accounts, and to review company production reports as necessary.
3. Monitors Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for department and PL associates
4. Pass pertinent carrier information on to personal lines department
5. Maintains professional and positive relationship with company underwriters.
1. Agency objective is to be highly profitable.
2. Utilizes and strives to improve the agency management systems, its related workflow and interface advances.
3. Utilizes, organizes and maintains client, prospect and carrier records, account folders and computer files in accordance with established procedures.
4. Performs other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements
1. 5 years of experience in the insurance field required with a designation preferred.
2. Prior management experience strongly preferred.
3. Must be a good communicator with strong verbal skills.
4. Competent computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Outlook, and the ability to master the agency management system are highly desirable.
5. Self-directed, organized, accurate and efficient, able to work with many individuals at various levels.
6. Must be able to work with minimal supervision to achieve expected results.
7. Active Property and Casualty license required.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 5 years (Required)
- Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Property and Casualty License (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Monday to Friday
We are only as good as our people, and that is why we are highly selective in choosing new members for our team. Do you think you are a good fit?
POWERS® looks for individuals who are:
- Technologically savvy
- Socially conscious
- Interested in helping others